written by Michael Dauphinee on January 15th, 2015
When working with a team, we all know that communication is key! Ariana Ayu has come up with 5 basic communication lessons to impact those relationships.
- Although you communicate through words, your nonverbal communication (body language and tone of voice) is even more important! They truly convey how you’re feeling about what is being said.
- Don’t interrupt others when they are trying to explain something and provide them with your undivided attention. This will make others feel secure and appreciated.
- Actively listen by “consciously focusing on understanding what the other person is saying verbally, nonverbally, and between the lines”. So important!
- Don’t always try to be right.
- Don’t blame others and take responsibility for your behavior/mistakes or someone else’s bad behavior
To read details on the 5 basic communication lessons, click here.
written by Michael Dauphinee on January 9th, 2015
“The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
written by Michael Dauphinee on January 2nd, 2015
“Collaborate with people you can learn from.” – Pharrell
written by Michael Dauphinee on December 18th, 2014
In a team, you have a group of individuals working together towards one common goal. It may not always be an easy task to work in a team but there are some ways you can overcome those common challenges. When first getting together with your team, whether or not there is a time limit, take some time to get to know each other by talking about your likes and dislikes. Throughout the process, keep an open mind and be flexible; your way is not the only way. But most importantly, remember to have fun!
To read the complete 6 tips for working with a new team, click here.
written by Michael Dauphinee on November 12th, 2014
“Good teams become great ones, when the members trust each other enough to surrender the “me” for the “we.” – Phil Jackson
written by Michael Dauphinee on November 7th, 2014
“Determined people working together can do anything.” – Jim Casey